- CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
- SENIOR CENTER- 50 Years old
- OFFICE ON AGING -60 Years old for such services as Nutrition & Transportation.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES PROVIDED BY:
MORRISTOWN SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER &
HAMBLEN COUNTY OFFICE ON AGING
- Five times a year
- UT Breast Mobile Unit -1-866-337-8824 Ext. 9753
- Thompson Cancer Center Mobile Unit-1-800-442-8372
Medicare and Insurance accepted. Appointment needed.
- AARP- 55 ALIVE DRIVING CLASSES:
- Classes twice a year.
- Call Senior Center to register
- FREE INFORMATION & ASSISTANCE:
- Free services offered with assistance for Medicare Standard, Advantage & Supplement Insurance, Medicare Part D, (Drug Card) Social Security, TN Care, Living Wills, EOB’s, Care Giving and any other help that the senior needs.
- FREE SMOKE DETECTORS:
- If you need a Smoke Detector call the Center.
- HOME DELIVERED MEALS:
- Contact Senior Center for details of the Vital Visits Home Delivered Meals Program.
- FREE AARP TAX RETURNS:
- AARP Tax Consultants offer free tax services February- Mid April.
- SENIOR DIRECTORY:
- Every 3 years a free Directory is offered with very valuable information and phone numbers that pertain to seniors. Contact Senior Center for a copy
- A multiple disciple community group that offers free information regarding to Scams and Elder Abuse
- FILE OF LIFE:
- A free Emergency Medical form that is completed and placed in the home in case of an emergency.
Annual Holiday Bazaar each November
SCC Crafters sell their wares, Baked Goods, Vendors, Pecans, Cheeses, Hugh Yard Sale, Biscuits and Tenderloin.
- HEALTH FAIRS:
- Bi-Annually Spring & Fall Health Fairs
- RECREATIONAL PROGRAMS:
- Some programs are daily such as billiards, table games, computer lab.
- Other activities include day and multiple day trips, card clubs, crafts, and special activities such as Prom and monthly birthday dinners.
- DAILY SENIOR NUTRITION MEAL:
- Daily lunch served at 11:30
- Daily transportation 9am-2pm
- Transport to doctor, grocery store, drug store, bank, pay rent & other necessity trips.
- Cost $5 round trip and $1 per extra stop.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a .m.- 4:30 p.m. Phone: (423) 581-5166